Sunday, April 3, 2011

on first dates

i am no dating expert. especially when it comes to first dates. in fact, i hate first dates. i hate blind dates even more. i am awkward, not myself, i get tired of small talk. it is not my date's fault. it is mine.
here are my personal thoughts about how to make first dates less awkward:
-the date should last less than 2 hours (unless it goes really well) 
-if you go to dinner, it should be somewhere less expensive. i hate it when a guy takes me to a nicer place on a first date because i feel bad that they spend so much money. it is nice of them but it makes me feel kind of uncomfortable. 
-even better than eating a meal, is just doing a chill activity. that way you don't have to feel like the conversation has to continue the whole time and it is just fun 
-it might be a good idea to start with an activity and then if it goes well you can move on to a meal or another activity. 
-guys who ask girls out early in the week are awesome. i give them at least 10 points each. keep doing that. but i always psych myself out by the time the date comes around. i think through possibilities, make myself more nervous, and worry about how awkward i am going to be. this problem is solely mine. 
-a proper goodbye includes a hug.

4 comments:

  1. yes, a proper goodbye includes a hug.... always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with all of this! first dates should be kept short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed, under 2-3 hours for sure! I was just talking about this with my roommate :)

    ReplyDelete